Intelligent Management Platform for Advanced Real-Time media processes
IMPART will research, develop and evaluate intelligent information management solutions for ‘big data’ problems in the field of digital cinema production. It will find new ways of managing, visualising and analysing very large multimodal data sets so that creative personnel can review three-dimensional scene representations on the set, understand the data, identify errors, evaluate the quality of the shot and take creative decisions in real time.
We will research and test solutions for the use case of large-scale movie production, with very large research and evaluation datasets based on the latest industrial
processes. Results will be applicable to film production and more generally to commercial and professional domains ranging from TV and online video to surveillance. The project outcomes will include:
- Architectures and file structures for intelligent multimodal data and metadata management presentation and browsing linking data, metadata and advanced applications
- Methods for automatically selecting relevant subsets of data to allow rapid processing
- Techniques for processing, information extraction and analysis in distributed systems
- Multimodal content semantic and low-level analysis techniques for the automatic derivation of metadata to support visualisation, decision support, management and retrieval
- On-set decision support, including tools for multimodal data visualisation, data summarization, layout, registration and cross-referencing, data and metadata search, virtual overlays and real-time previews of effects, creative and technical decision support
- A demonstrator system for professional testing and evaluation, both on and off set
- A documented xml interface that allows third parties to develop compatible tools and processes
- A published test dataset of multimodal data and metadata captured in realistic film production conditions for use by other researchers.
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra UPF Spain
- FilmLight Ltd FilmLight UK
- Double Negative Ltd DNeg UK
- University of Surrey UniS UK
- Aristotelio Panepistimio Thessalonikis (Aristotle University of
- Thessaloniki) AUTH GR
- Vysoké učení technické v Brně (Brno University of Technology) BUT CZ
GTI researcher Dr. Alun Evans has just presented a full paper, entitled Combined 2D and 3D Visualisation of On-set Big Media Data, at the 2015 edition of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), in Quebec City, Canada.
In the frame of the European IMPART project (http://impart.upf.edu/) the GTI is developing a webbased tool that will allow filmmakers to deal with the amount of shooting data generated every day in production. Digital cinema has broadened the creative possibilities but now production crews have to deal with huge amount of data related to a […]
IMPART will research, develop and evaluate intelligent information management solutions for ‘big data’ problems in the field of digital cinema production.