Public reports of the WorthPlay project available!
The WorthPlay project is coming to an end. Over 2 years, we have been understanding the relationship between older people and digital games, designing a game-based platform that allows older people, and members of their social circles, to create and play games they consider are worthwhile to play, evaluating the playability, accessibility and experiences of the WorthPlay games in three different cultural fields (Barcelona, Dundee and Madrid), and developing a technological platform which is able to render WorthPlay games in different gaming platforms. At this stage of the project, the consortium has made available some of the key deliverables (turned into public reports) that present this work.
The public reports, listed below, are freely available as PDF files from the website of the project:
- D2-1. First version of the human taxonomy of worth playing digital games by older people and their everyday digital game play. This deliverable presents fieldwork research on digital games and older people.
- D3-1. Definition of the game and its design. This deliverables defines the concept of a game that is worthwhile to play by older people coined in the project and reports on its design, adopting a long-term participatory approach.
- D5-1.Development and integration of the game adaptation component. This deliverable is intended to present the game adaptation component of WorthPlay and to guide game developers on the task of coupling it into the WorthPlay platform.
- D7.1. Design and development of the second version of the games platform prototype. This deliverable describes the technical implementation of the platform developed in the project.
- D8.1. Second report on experiences of digital game play. This deliverable gives an account of the objectives, procedures and results of the second (and final) round of evaluation of the WorthPlay platform.
- D9.1 Cross-cultural aspects of experience of digital game play. This deliverable reports on two studies conducted at the Dundee User Centre, in the School of Computing at the University of Dundee, in Scotland.
- D11.3 Worthplay Brochure.